Interested in working for ACOLA?
We are currently looking for a Business Manager to join our team on a part-time basis. To find out more about this position, please see further details below.
Position Description, Duty Statement and Selection Criteria
|Posted:||7 December 2022|
|Closing:||22 December 2022 (by 5pm)|
|Position Title:||Business Manager|
|Appointment:||Part-time 0.4 to 0.6FTE by agreement, fixed-term employment contract|
|Location:||Canberra, ACT 2600 – but can be hybrid|
|Direct reports:||No direct reports. Supervision of Research Officers as directed by Director, Policy and Projects|
|Remuneration:||$65k – $70k FTE, plus 15% superannuation [pro-rata]
Free onsite free parking in the city is provided
As a registered charity, ACOLA also offers salary sacrifice opportunities.
Role of the Business Manager
The Business Manager reports to ACOLA’s Cheif Executive Officer. The role is a lynchpin in our organisation, supporting the strategic and operational aspects of our activities, and often being the face of our organisation to key stakeholders. We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, but detail-focussed person to provide support to our Chief Executive Officer, Company Secretary and staff in managing a variety of administrative and financial activities.
This will involve a broad mix of activities, including managing payroll, accounts, preparing and lodging company statements and insurances, supporting the development of annual budgets, supporting events and travel bookings, helping to plan and manage seminars, and managing ACOLA’s social media and web presences.
You will have opportunities to meet and engage with Australia’s leading minds, including participating in workshops, discussions, briefings and seminars on a range of emerging technologies and critical issues ACOLA and its members are progressing.
If you are passionate about wicked problems and unbiased evidence really informing policy – then ACOLA could be the place for you.
- Manage payroll (end to end) including superannuation, entitlements, payroll tax etc.
- Accounts payables and receivables; including invoicing, payments, reimbursements, reconciliations etc.
- Prepare and lodge BAS, FBT, Superannuation, Workcover, Insurances, etc.
- Preparation of financial reports for management, Committees and Board.
- Support procurement procedures, including liaising with suppliers.
- Maintain monthly and annual accounting systems on MYOB in anticipation of an annual audit.
- Electronic document management, including to the auditor (no paper).
- Basic website (our site is WordPress) and social media management (Twitter and linkedin).
- Support various seminars and events, including assisting with speaker logistics, event communications and on the day supports, such as registration desk.
- Support staff travel and experts’ travel bookings.
- Supporting the CEO as requested.
- Experience with accounting software, and ideally MYOB.
- Previous experience in working within a small team.
- Stakeholder engagement and management.
- Proven ability to work on multiple tasks and with excellent attention to detail is essential.
- Qualified CPA, or equivalent qualification in relevant field, industry experience recognised.
- Experience with social media for commercial purposes.
- Creative writing and/or science/research writing experience.
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit sector.
Benefits and culture
- Opportunities to meet and engage with Australia’s leading minds, including opportunities to attend briefings and seminars on a range of emerging technologies and critical issues ACOLA and its members are progressing.
- As a registered charity for tax purposes, ACOLA employees can access attractive salary packaging opportunities, including mortgage payments, rent, meals and entertainment.
Other role-related information
- Applicants must have permission to work in Australia
To apply for this role please submit your application by email to email@example.com by 5pm, Thursday 22 December 2022.
Applications should include: a statement of claims that responds to the selection criteria and why you are passionate about the role with ACOLA (2 pages max), and a CV with contact details for at least two referees.
To discuss your interest in the role please contact the ACOLA CEO, Ryan Winn by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone during business hours (0484 814 040).