Professor Ken Baldwin FTSE is the inaugural Director of the Australian National University Energy Change Institute, and Director of the ANU ECI Grand Challenge: Zero-Carbon Energy for the Asia-Pacific.
He has held the following appointments:
- Project Steering Committee for the Australian Energy Technology Assessment, Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics (2011-2013)
- Board of the South East Region of Renewable Energy Excellence (SERREE, from 2014)
- Socio-Economic Modelling Advisory Committee of the South Australian Nuclear Fuel Cycle Royal Commission (2015-2017)
- Chair, Energy Cluster of the Australia-Indonesia Centre (2015-2018)
- Chair, Energy Research Institutes Council for Australia (ERICA, 2018-2019)
- Steering Committee for the CSIRO Hydrogen Research, Development and Demonstration Report (2019)
- ACOLA Steering Committee for the Australian Energy Transition Research Plan (2019-2020).
Professor Baldwin is an inaugural ANU Public Policy Fellow, and winner of the 2004 Australian Government Eureka Prize for Promoting Understanding of Science, for his role in initiating and championing “Science meets Parliament”.
In 2007, he was awarded the W.H. Beattie Steele Medal, the highest honour of the Australian Optical Society. In 2010 he was awarded the Barry Inglis Medal by the National Measurement Institute for excellence in precision measurement.
Professor Baldwin is a Fellow of the American Physical Society, the Institute of Physics (UK), the Optical Society of America and the Australian Institute of Physics.